Monday, April 14, 2008

Iron Girl Triathlon

We did it! Last Saturday was the Iron Girl Triathlon at Lake Las Vegas that I have been training for. It was so much fun! Although the open water swim was hard for me, I had a lot of fun biking and running. The whole atmosphere was fun and if I can do it, anyone can! Here are some pictures.

SWIM (600M)


BIKE (20K)

RUN (5K)

FINISHED!
I have always been scared of the water and never swam more than the doggie paddle until January. I need to thank Jason for teaching me to swim and being patient when I didn't even want to put my face in the water. I have the best husband in the world! We are grateful for the support of our husbands as we achieved this goal.



7 comments:

Alan and Kiersten said...

JANAE! congrats on finishing the iron girl! that is so awesome! did you feel so good afterwards? your my inspiration! great job!

Brigit said...

Jammin' JaNae You totally Rock!!! I had such a wonerful time training with you and getting to know you better. I'm kind of sad it's all over. Love ya girl.

SVB said...

YOU ROCK JANAE!!! I had a great time doing this with all of you!!! The swim was really hard for me too, but we did it and the judges must have noticed you with the whole penalty thing!!! LOL!!! I love the pics!

Mark and Maria said...

Hey Jammin', you know I couldn't have done this without you. I only had to call you about every other day to get your advice/encouragement about training. You were always so positive and happy when I was complaining. You were also a good travelin' buddy out to the lake! Such fun memories!
Momma M

Becky said...

JaNae! I love your blog! Very cute! Your family is so darling! So talented and amazing! And I have to say too.... you are so amazing! You were so inspiring to me. To go from not being able to swim a lap in the pool to swimming in open water 600M.... are you kidding me! ? WOW! If you can do that, you can do anything! Your hard work and positive attitude were contagious! I will never forget our ride at Red Rock... you blew me away! You are one tough cookie! Inspiring to watch! Thanks for all the fun! Love, B.

p.s. just let me know about the half marathon, and I will be there to cheer you on! :)

The Crane Family said...

JaNae--You did it! You're the bomb! I love this whole blogging thing--it is so fun to see what's up with the Downey's! Congrats! You're incredible-- Such an athlete--I love the pictures (you look like a professional!) It looked like you had a great support group too--(even though I know you were leading everyone along!) Fun to see the pictures--even Becky and Maria--I wish I could have been there to cheer you on! -Cosi

cropstar said...

Congrats Janae! You are awesome!