Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Family Trip July 2008: Yosemite











We spent the last two days of our family trip hiking in Yosemite (Jason, Jackson, and Josh even did one hike in the rain). We saw several beautiful waterfalls and Jason enjoyed seeing Half Dome (which he hiked to the top of as a teenager). All Josh wanted to do was see a bear, and on our very last day... we finally we saw a bear! Josh rolled off the hotel bed in the middle of the last night of our trip and cut open his chin/lip on the bedside table. We rushed home and got it glued together. We had a wonderful time and made many fun memories!

8 comments:

Rob and Mercedi said...

It looks like you had a wonderful family trip! It's amazing that everyone was able to go. Did you get a big group photo of all 39 of you?
All the places you went look beautiful! Lake Tahoe is one of my most favorite places!
I love Savannah in the backpack, what a doll! I hope Josh's lip is okay, what a way to end the trip, with a bang.

Rob and Mercedi said...

PS-you totally win at being the first one in your family to post about the trip. Way to go! :)

Brigit said...

What a fun family trip and I can't believe yo got to see a bear. I bet the kids were so excited. Savannah looks so cute in the backpack, and what a little trooper.

Mark and Maria said...

Fun to read about your trip. It looks like it was so pretty up there! Glad your back though, my kids want to play with your boys!

Kristi said...

Yosemite looks so cool. We were going to leave to Yosemite on the 25th, but we have to postpone it. WE are so bummed! It sounds like your reunion was so much fun. I love all the memories I have of the reunions.

Alan and Kiersten said...

yosemite looks GORGEOUS!!! i want to go! looks like you guys had fun after windsor. i can't believe you saw a bear! i would be completely scared if i saw one! haha!

Chyler and Darlene said...

Yep, Yosemite looks amazing. I have never been but I would love to go. I am so glad that Josh got to see his bear, especially since his trip took a down-turn with the whole lip incident. I am so glad you guys had fun though.

Katie Calder said...

your a nut! buy my new c.d., its the best of bolth worlds. i waxed my upper lip this morning, ow! luv ya tons
-hannahmontana