Friday, May 16, 2008

Missoula Children's Theatre


Last week was our school's Missoula Children's Theatre musical production of The Amazing Adventure of Robinson Crusoe. The PTA sponsors this week long event and I am the committee chair, so it is a busy week. We were able to cast 64 kids in the play. My mom and dad and Riley came down from Utah to help. Jackson had one of the main roles as "Thursday" and Justin was a member of the "Very Hairy, Frownie-Face Tribe". Mom and I made flower cookies on a stick to help raise funds. We had a fun time and Jared still walks around the house singing the "Boom Bada Boom" song from the play (it's driving us crazy!).

Other musical happenings... Jackson and Justin had a piano recital and festival at UNLV. They both received superior ratings and Justin also got a special honors medal. Jackson is playing the piano and accompanying his 5th grade teacher, Miss Witt, (who plays the flute) at our Moms and Muffins program this Friday. Anyone reading the church news might have seen this picture (it took me several glances to realize that was my husband in the background!) It was an article about the Faith in God program and Jason and Jackson attended a special fire side President Thomas S. Monson gave for the boyscouts in 2006. You can barely see Jackson's hair in the picture.

5 comments:

WaMommy said...

JaNae,

Do you remember me (Kelley Nay) from the UCLA ward days?! I somehow came across you blog and wanted to say 'hello.' You have an adorable family!!! I have 5 munchkins of my own (including triplets) and we live in the Seattle area. Congrats on the tri - that is one of my goals for this summer! Take care, Kelley

Youngquist Family said...

Looks like Jason is in the scouting program. I'm the wolf leader and enjoy the younger boys. That father and son's outing contrasts dramatically to the usual evening around the campfire. What a great experience.

Youngquist Family said...

Janae, I just saw Kelly's comment and haven't thought of her in years. It's good to hear what she's up to. I tried to get to her blog, but it's private. Do you have anyway to get in touch with her? I'm at jennie_youngquist@hotmail.com

Brigit said...

I can't believe that Jason is in that picture. I bet it was so neat to be so close to the profit.

The Crane Family said...

We loved the picture JaNae--Mark and I were reading --the Church news and both looked closer and closer and closer! Hey--that's Jason! So cool--Jason your famous! Sounds like you guys are always up to so many awesome things--You are such a talented family--You inspire me!