Sunday, May 25, 2008

Moms and Muffins/Dads and Cakes

Just wanted to post a video of Jackson's performance at Moms and Muffins at school on Friday. It was a piano/flute duet that he played with his 5th grade teacher, Miss Witt. Jackson has had a wonderful 5th grade year and keeps telling me that he doesn't want it to end (he only has 7 days left). We are grateful for his amazing teachers that made his year great!



Justin had a Father/Son Cake Bake Contest at Cub Scouts last Wednesday. Jason helped him make this sand castle cake (mom didn't help at all!). The sand was actually crushed vanilla wafers. I was very impressed. The only award Justin was trying to win was "The Tallest Cake." He was very exctied when he came home with the award for "Tallest Cake!"

5 comments:

Alan and Kiersten said...

Hi JaNae! Wow, Jackson is so good at the piano! I love listening to him! And that is pretty much the greatest cake I have ever seen! Justin must have been so proud! I hope you guys are doing awesome down there in Vegas - heard it has been pretty hot! Talk to you later! :)

Brigit said...

Your son is so tallented and I just love that song...it's so beautful. The castle cake ROCKS! I bet Justin had a good time doing that with his dad. You guy have a wonderful family!

Rob and Mercedi said...

Amazing! Your kids have such wonderful talkents! That performance was beautiful Jackson. And that is the coolest and tallest cake I've evere seen, you're so creative Justin! We hope you're doing well! R&M

koley said...

Awesome cake buddy! I'm so glad you won! Cub Scouts is so much fun!

Nikole Terry

We can do hard things! said...

Awesome cake Justin! The big question is...how did it taste? Congratulations!!